On the Hill: Powder day at Beaver Creek
December 20, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Larkspur at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 1″ new snow, 2″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: Felt like 5″ on top
Weather: Light snow, clouds
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: Nothing in the morning
Run of the day: Cinch, at the top of the mountain, received a lot of good snow
Breakdown: It’s a powder day at Beaver Creek. At 5 a.m. there was 1″ reported, as of 9 a.m. there was 5-6″ at the top, and it is still snowing into the later part of the day.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 70 percent chance of snow today and 30 percent tonight. Also, a 40 percent chance of snow Saturday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days