On the Hill: Powder day at Beaver Creek
December 20, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding down Larkspur at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 1″ new snow, 2″ in last week
Vail Daily field report: Felt like 5″ on top
Weather: Light snow, clouds
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: Nothing in the morning
Run of the day: Cinch, at the top of the mountain, received a lot of good snow
Breakdown: It’s a powder day at Beaver Creek. At 5 a.m. there was 1″ reported, as of 9 a.m. there was 5-6″ at the top, and it is still snowing into the later part of the day.
Snowcast: The National Weather service is reporting there’s a 70 percent chance of snow today and 30 percent tonight. Also, a 40 percent chance of snow Saturday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed