On the Hill: Powdery snow at the Beav’
December 29, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through trees near Strawberry Park at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 2″ new snow, 7″ in last week
Weather: Classic sunshine and blue skies, and 2 inches of snow overnight.
Liftline status: The holiday crowd is here. With 24 of 25 lifts open, there are enough lifts to go around.
Recommended Stories For You
Run of the day: There’s 2 inches of powder, but more in some spots, all over the mountain. Trees around Strawberry Park were powdery.
Breakdown: With new snow, it’s a powder morning at Beaver Creek. Nothing but blue skies and sun at the Beav’.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies today and Monday, with a slight chance of snow Tuesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip