On the Hill: Powdery snow at the Beav’
December 29, 2013
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter/copy chief Ross Leonhart delivers his daily snow conditions report while snowboarding through trees near Strawberry Park at Beaver Creek Resort.
Ross Leonhart uses an iON AirPro3 action camera. Send comments and suggestions to email@example.com.
Beaver Creek official report: 2″ new snow, 7″ in last week
Weather: Classic sunshine and blue skies, and 2 inches of snow overnight.
Liftline status: The holiday crowd is here. With 24 of 25 lifts open, there are enough lifts to go around.
Recommended Stories For You
Run of the day: There’s 2 inches of powder, but more in some spots, all over the mountain. Trees around Strawberry Park were powdery.
Breakdown: With new snow, it’s a powder morning at Beaver Creek. Nothing but blue skies and sun at the Beav’.
Snowcast: The National Weather service forecasts sunny skies today and Monday, with a slight chance of snow Tuesday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed