On the Hill: Sprinting down Gore Creek, SUP style
June 7, 2014
Today’s activity: Stand-up paddling the SUP Sprint course on Gore Creek for the GoPro Mountain Games with SUPer Ken Hoeve.
Conditions: The GoPro Mountains Games SUP Surf Sprint competition is Saturday at 9:30 a.m. River levels are making for ideal conditions for the whitewater events. The creek is currently running between 900 and 1,400 cfs.
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the morning.. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints