On the Hill: Sprinting down Gore Creek, SUP style
June 7, 2014
Today’s activity: Stand-up paddling the SUP Sprint course on Gore Creek for the GoPro Mountain Games with SUPer Ken Hoeve.
Conditions: The GoPro Mountains Games SUP Surf Sprint competition is Saturday at 9:30 a.m. River levels are making for ideal conditions for the whitewater events. The creek is currently running between 900 and 1,400 cfs.
Today’s weather: A 20 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the morning.. — National Weather Service
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Vail Valley businesses need lots of seasonal help: there are 1,600 job openings