On the Hill: Stand-up paddleboarding on Nottingham Lake in Avon
June 5, 2013
Today’s activity: Flatwater stand-up paddleboarding on Nottingham Lake.
Today’s weather: Partly cloudy with cooler temps and wind.
Forecast: Tomorrow should be sunny and about 60 degrees, say forecasters.
Conditions: On Nottingham Lake in Avon, a patching project means no paddleboat rentals this year. But stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) is still on, leaving SUPers with the lake to themselves on many days like today. And with the winds we saw this afternoon, the flatwater of the lake still proved to be a challenge to navigate on a SUP, making for an ideal training ground. Check out Alpine Quest on Hwy 6 in Edwards for SUP rentals.
The Beaver Creek hiking center specializes in guided interpretive nature hikes and mountain bike tours.
Lakota Guides offers guided raft trips for all abilities in and around Eagle County.
Beaver Creek offers signature events throughout the summer season, Tough Mudder.
On the Hill Winter documented 150 straight days of ski conditions on Vail Mountain.
Zip Adventures provides guests of the Vail Valley with world-class zip line adventures experiences
Mountain Pedaler of Vail is the number one source for your cycling needs in the Vail Valley.
Sundays June 16- Sept 22rd, 2013 on Meadow Drive in Vail Village from 10 AM- 3:30 PM.
Nova’s knowledgeable local guides are always prepared to show you a great time
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack