On the Hill: Take a cruise through Mikaela Shiffrin’s training ground
February 22, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding down the world-class training facility at Golden Peak in Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 0 inches new snow overnight, 3 inches in last week
Weather: Partly cloudy
Recommended Stories For You
Liftline status: Busy in places but not bad overall for a Friday
Breakdown: The excitement, the emotion on Vail Mountain and in the Vail community is immense right now as we learned this morning that Eagle-Vail resident Mikaela Shiffrin became the youngest woman to win Olympic gold in the slalom. Golden Peak, where Mikaela trains, is the place to be today.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of snow through Sunday.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack