On the Hill: Tough conditions at Vail
February 6, 2014
VIDEO: Vail Daily reporter John LaConte delivers his daily GoPro conditions report while snowboarding through Windows and Straight Shot at Vail.
On the Hill is shot with a GoScope Extreme 2X Telescoping pole mount, get 30% off your order at Go-Scope.com by using the following promo code: goscopevaildaily
Vail official report: 1 inch new snow and 35 inches in week as of 5 a.m.
Vail Daily field report: There was 2 inches of fresh on top of the mountain at 9 a.m. this morning, and more coming down as this report was being filed
Recommended Stories For You
Weather: Very cold and snowing
Liftline status: Not bad at all
Run of the day: Something in the trees, like Windows, will keep you protected today
Breakdown: Most of the back was closed this morning, except for Chair 5. It’s a low-light day for certain and with an inch or two of fresh over the surface, it’s hard to tell what’s hardpack and what’s a fluffy powder pillow. There’s plenty of both all over the mountain, so be careful you don’t confuse one for the other.
Snowcast: The National Weather Service says it should snow every day this week
Trending In: On The Hill
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip