On the Hill: Trail running on Vail Mountain
June 21, 2013
Today’s activity: Trail running on Vail Mountain’s Berry Picker.
Conditions: Thursday, June 20 marked the first day of regular operations for the Eagle Bahn gondola on Vail Mountain, which will run every day for the next 10 weeks starting at 10 a.m. Trail runners who want to start at the bottom and climb to the top will not need a lift ticket to get back down, and the gondola will take those runners and hikers back down until 9:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and until 6:30 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday.
Today’s weather: Today Sunny, with a high near 65. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Are you On the Hill? Send your three-minute action cam video featuring a summer activity in the Vail Valley — biking, hiking, kayaking, SUP, horseback riding, rafting — to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zip Adventures provides guests of the Vail Valley with world-class zip line adventures experiences
Mountain Pedaler of Vail is the number one source for your cycling needs in the Vail Valley.
Sundays June 16- Sept 22rd, 2013 on Meadow Drive in Vail Village from 10 AM- 3:30 PM.
Nova’s knowledgeable local guides are always prepared to show you a great time
The Beaver Creek hiking center specializes in guided interpretive nature hikes and mountain bike tours.
Lakota Guides offers guided raft trips for all abilities in and around Eagle County.
Beaver Creek offers signature events throughout the summer season, Tough Mudder.
On the Hill Winter documented 150 straight days of ski conditions on Vail Mountain.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon