On the Hill video: Whitewater SUP on Gore Creek in Vail
June 12, 2013
Today’s activity: Whitewater SUP with Ken Hoeve at the Vail Whitewater Town Series races.
Conditions: As the runoff reaches its peak in Colorado, the Vail Whitewater Town Series races are in full swing. At this week’s dual kayak and Standup Paddleboard (SUP) races, the object was to clear two buoys and sprint to the finish ahead of your competitor to advance to the next round. The final competition in the town series takes place next week, June 18, at the International Bridge at 5 p.m.
Today’s weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. — National Weather Service
Are you On the Hill? Send your three-minute action cam video featuring a summer activity in the Vail Valley — biking, hiking, kayaking, SUP, horseback riding, rafting — to email@example.com.
The Beaver Creek hiking center specializes in guided interpretive nature hikes and mountain bike tours.
Lakota Guides offers guided raft trips for all abilities in and around Eagle County.
Beaver Creek offers signature events throughout the summer season, Tough Mudder.
On the Hill Winter documented 150 straight days of ski conditions on Vail Mountain.
Zip Adventures provides guests of the Vail Valley with world-class zip line adventures experiences
Mountain Pedaler of Vail is the number one source for your cycling needs in the Vail Valley.
Sundays June 16- Sept 22rd, 2013 on Meadow Drive in Vail Village from 10 AM- 3:30 PM.
Nova’s knowledgeable local guides are always prepared to show you a great time
Trending In: On The Hill
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail