VIDEO: Tricky commute on an e-bike
November 7, 2016
VIDEO: Vail Daily On the Hill correspondent John LaConte reports from Vail and Dowd Junction on the Eagle Valley Regional Trail while riding an e-bike from the Pedego rental shop in Vail Village. LaConte talks about e-bikes current legal status as the pedal assisted, electric motor bikes are allowed on paved trails in Vail but not Eagle County. The Dowd Junction section of the Eagle Valley Regional Trail was built and is maintained by the town of Vail, and will close for the 2016/17 season on Monday, Nov. 14.
PODCAST: Vail Daily On the Hill host John LaConte discusses e-bikes, their current legal status, and how they fit in with the climate change action plan for the Vail area of Colorado with a Vail cop, a Vail lawyer and a Vail e-bike salesman.
Trending In: On The Hill
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job