Paid parking underway in Vail garages
Paid parking in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking garages began Wednesday for the ski season. The town is again offering a variety of pricing options for close-in and outlying parking, plus the return of two free parking programs from past seasons: free entry after 3 p.m. in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures, and free parking for the first 90 minutes in the parking garages.
In addition, new outlying spaces will be available for $10 pay upon entry at the West Lionshead Lot next to the Marriott on West Lionshead Circle.
Parking rates range from as low as $5 per day for qualifying value card holders to $16 for the day for visitors and guests. The town will continue to set aside spaces for short-term parking in the Vail Village and Lionshead structures. The cost will be $3 for up to 3 hours.
Season parking passes are available for purchase from the town of Vail and will be sold all season long from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at the Vail Municipal Building, 75 S. Frontage Rd.
Many users of public parking in Vail qualify for discount passes. The town of Vail will be selling five parking pass options for the 2003-04 winter season including value cards and pink, blue, green and gold passes. For details, go to http://www.vailgov.com. Funds remaining on last season’s value cards can be used during the 2003-04 ski season.
As an additional option, the town will continue to maintain more than 300 free parking spaces in satellite areas, serviced by the town’s existing transit system. The spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis as follows:
– Red Sandstone Park, 15 spaces, available 7 days a week
– Stephens Park, 15 spaces, available 7 days a week
– East Vail interchange trailhead, 12 spaces, available 7 days a week
– Spraddle Creek trailhead, 10 spaces, available 7 days a week
– North Trail trailhead, 10 spaces, available 7 days a week
– Red Sandstone School, 40 spaces, available Saturday and Sunday
– Vail Mountain School, 70 spaces, available Saturday and Sunday
– North Frontage Road in West Vail, 180 spaces, available Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Also, free parking along the South Frontage Road will again be activated only in overflow parking situations this season. Crews have been making improvements to expand the roadway shoulder in some areas to improve safety.
For more information, call the town’s parking hotline at 479-2104.