Paid Vail parking starts Nov. 21
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL ” Season parking passes will be available for purchase from the town of Vail, Colorado, beginning at 8 a.m. Wednesday on the lower level of the Municipal Building, located at 75 South Frontage Road.
There are six pass types available, including the Silver Pass, which will be available to merchants. Fifty such passes will be sold for use in the Vail Village parking garage and another 50 will be sold for access to the Lionshead parking structure. Silver Pass sales will coincide with the first day of parking pass sales on Nov. 12 and will be sold a first-come, first-served basis
All other parking passes are available for purchase throughout the winter. The town’s parking pass sales office will be open from 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday during the season.
Paid parking begins at 6 a.m. Nov. 21 in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures. Also on Nov. 21, satellite lots at Ford Park and the soccer field east of Golden Peak will become permit parking for employees. To coincide with the start of paid parking, Vail Transit will be increasing bus service on all routes, including Ford Park and West Vail.
Descriptions of the available passes and qualifications are as follows:
– Value Pass, $12/$20. A reloadable debit card for “pay and display” for use on the top deck of the Vail Village parking structure and the second level of the Lionshead parking structure. Good for employees of Vail business license holders, Vail residents and Vail property owners. Rate is $12 Monday through Thursday; $20 Friday through Sunday, plus Dec. 22-Jan. 4; Jan. 19 and Feb. 16. To be eligible, bring proof of 30 hour per week employment in Vail, proof of residency or proof of property ownership. Recertification is required on all Value Passes.
– Pink Pass, $100. For employees of Vail business license holders, good for parking at Ford Park and soccer field lots, 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily. To be eligible, bring proof of 30 hour per week employment in Vail.
– Green Pass, $500. For employees of Vail business license holders, good for parking in the Lionshead structure Monday through Thursday with the exception of the restricted days of Dec. 22-Jan. 4; Jan. 19 and Feb. 16. Also good for access to all outlying parking lots from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily. To be eligible, bring proof of 30 hour per week employment in Vail.
– Blue Pass, $1,100. For Vail property owners, residents and employees of Vail business license holders, good for parking in the two structures with restrictions. Good seven days a week at Lionshead structure and Monday through Thursday at Vail Village structure with the exception of the restricted days of Dec. 22-Jan. 4; Jan. 19 and Feb. 16. Also good for access to all outlying parking lots from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily. To be eligible, bring proof of 30 hour per week employment in Vail, proof of residency or proof of property ownership.
– Silver Pass, $1,800. Limited to 50 passes each per structure and available to business license holders in Vail Village and Lionshead on a first-come, first-served basis, with guaranteed parking in one structure. One pass per business until Dec. 5 at which time any remaining Lionshead silver passes will be sold to merchants in Vail Village for parking in the Lionshead structure. This pass must be purchased using the credit card or checking account of the business.
– Gold Pass, $3,250. For guaranteed parking in the two structures and all outlying lots. No eligibility requirements.
– ADA Parking. Call 479-2104 for information.
In addition to the discounted parking pass options, the town will continue to provide free entry after 3 p.m. in the two parking structures and free parking for the first 90 minutes in both garages. A new vanpool program also is being introduced with discounted, guaranteed parking for company vanpools transporting 16 or more passengers.
As an additional option, the town will offer free parking spaces in satellite areas serviced by the town’s free transit system. The spaces include: former Wendy’s site in West Vail, 60 spaces, available seven days per week; Red Sandstone Park, 15 spaces, available seven days a week; Stephens Park, 15 spaces, available seven days a week; East Vail Interchange Trailhead, 12 spaces, available seven days a week; Spraddle Creek Trailhead, 10 spaces, available seven days a week; North Trail Trailhead, six spaces, available seven days a week; and North Frontage Road in West Vail, 180 spaces, available Friday, Saturday and Sunday and peak days, Dec. 19-Jan. 4, Jan. 16-19; and Feb. 13-16. Visit http://www.vailgov.com or call 479-2104 for a map of these locations.
Also, free parking along the South Frontage Road will again be activated in overflow parking situations this season. The town has installed six temporary bus stops along the Frontage Road.
For more information on the town of Vail’s parking programs, call 479-2104.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User