Parking restrictions set for Vail Monday
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL, Colorado – Peak season parking restrictions will be in place in Vail, Colorado on Monday during the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday.
• Availability of free peak parking along the North Frontage Road, across from the West Vail Mall, plus Friday through Sunday throughout the season. The spaces are available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. No permit is required.
• Monday’s restriction means Blue Parking Pass holders will be directed to the Lionshead parking structure and Green Parking Pass holders will use the Ford Park and Soccer Field lots. On Tuesday, Jan. 19, the Blue Pass will be good for entry again into the Vail Village structure Mondays through Thursdays until the next peak period on Feb. 15, while the Green Pass will be good for entry again into the Lionshead parking structure Mondays through Thursdays.
• Free daily parking will be available at Donovan Pavilion, 1600 S. Frontage Rd. W., throughout the holiday, as no events have been scheduled at the pavilion during this time. The spaces are available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis when the pavilion isn’t in use.
• Additional free parking areas are offered on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the season. The outlying locations include west of the West Vail roundabout on the North Frontage Road, plus the former Wendy’s lot at 2399 N. Frontage Rd. The town also offers free parking at several parks and trailheads. All locations are serviced by Vail’s free transit system. Visit vailgov.com for a detailed list of free parking areas.
• Free parking in the lower levels of the Vail Village and Lionshead structures is also available for the first 90-minutes. There’s also free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the second level in the Lionshead structure. Also, arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m., seven days a week.
• Short-term shopper parking is available in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures. The rate is $15 for up to 2.5 hours – look for the yellow signs at the Frontage Road entries.
Parking along the South Frontage Road will be available at no charge when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates.
• Vail has added two additional outlying morning buses and three additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes during the holiday. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
• Never drink and drive. Retrieve your vehicle from the structure by 11 a.m. the next day compliments of the Town of Vail. Authorization receipts are available from the Visitor Information Centers, which open at 9 a.m. daily. While this service is available for exceptional circumstances, please remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver.
For Vail transit information, call 970-479-2178; for ECO Transit, call 970-328-3520; and for parking information, call 970-479-2104.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The operating license for Kent Funeral Home in Gypsum has been summarily suspended by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies following an investigation that revealed disturbing conditions at an associated funeral home in Leadville.