Pedal Power Winter Race Series announces 2015-16 schedule; races start Dec. 12
Pedal Power Winter Race Series schedule
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 12 — Tennessee Pass Kick-Off Classic 5 Miler Snowshoe
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 2 — Pazzo’s/K.O. Eagle-Vail Holiday 5K/10K
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 23 — Aria Athletic Club & Spa Winter Triathlon (5K snowshoe, 10K snow-bike, 8K skate-ski)
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 6 — Eagle-Vail Metro District Snow Mountain Bike Race (short and long course, distances to be determined)
• 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 27 — Tennessee Pass Cookhouse Snowshoe (Colorado state championship 5K/10K)
Participants can preregister online at pedalpowerbike.com or register with forms from Pedal Power Bicycle Shop, 40814 U.S. Highway 6 in Eagle-Vail. For more information, call Pedal Power at 970-845-0931.
EAGLE-VAIL — This year, the Pedal Power Winter Race Series marks its 20th season of high-energy, endurance competition on the snow.
The Winter Race Series includes snowshoe races and a snow-bike race, as well as a winter triathlon that includes both of those disciplines, along with a skate-ski leg. The five events are staged at three different locations, including the Eagle-Vail Golf Course, the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center, south of Minturn, and the Colorado Mountain College campus in Leadville. The final snowshoe race of the series also serves as the official Colorado State Snowshoe Championships.
A reputation for providing great course venues, along with the high caliber of competition, has made the nonprofit Pedal Power Winter Race Series one of the top winter events in the region. The races draw top competitors from all over the Western Slope, as well as dedicated endurance athletes from the Front Range.
The Pedal Power Winter Race Series is the oldest continually running winter race series in the state, and all proceeds go to benefit Eagle and Lake county charities. For more information and details on each event, including location, start time, registration fees and more, go to pedalpowerbike.com or call 970-845-0931.