Powder 8 Kitchen and Tap Room in Beaver Creek opens Wednesday
Sample menu items
• Shrimp salad roll with housemade shrimp salad, lettuce, lemon and tarragon on ciabatta.
• Sesame seared tuna with avocado, wasabi mayo, pickled ginger and Thai curry kimchee on a brioche roll.
• Melted brie, baked sweet potato sandwich with caramelized onions, roasted pear, blueberry balsamic jam and toasted pecans on a brioche roll.
• Barbecue brisket with fried onion ring, bacon, pickled jalapenos and cheddar.
• Healthy breakfast with bacon, fried egg, special sauce, hash browns and cheddar.
• Salmon, sweet chili roasted shrimp, sesame-seared Hawaiian tuna.
BEAVER CREEK — Powder 8 Kitchen & Tap, the newest addition to casual mountain-side dining in Beaver Creek Village, opens today. Ideally situated at the base of Beaver Creek’s new high-speed Centennial combination lift, the lively restaurant features approachable comfort food with an artisan twist.
The restaurant will have live entertainment and multiple 80-inch large-screen televisions to watch your favorite sporting events. The space includes a fresh redesign complete with an outdoor fire pit, brick and stone pizza oven and full service bar.
The restaurant — open for breakfast, lunch and apres — offers elevated, fresh options made using all-natural ingredients. The menu includes mountain favorites that are reinterpreted, from pulled pork and ham sandwich to the baked sweet potato sandwich with caramelized onions, melted Brie, roasted pear and blueberry balsamic jam. In the tap room, the food is complemented with an array of apres ski toddies, local Colorado brews, hand-crafted cocktails and fine wines at the bar.
Seating is available both indoors and outside by the fire pit, where there will be daily live music from Shannon Tanner. The restaurant also offers a kids menu and grab-and-go options for takeout.
Daily hours are breakfast from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m., lunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and apres from 2:30 to 8 p.m.
For more information about the new restaurant, call 970-949-1234 or visit www.beavercreek.hyatt.com.