Preschoolers celebrate "Month of the Young Child" in Eagle County
The Month of the Young Child will be celebrated throughout Eagle County with a series of community preschool parades on Wednesday, April 26.
Preschoolers, their teachers and parents will gather at a variety of locations and parade through their respective communities. Eagle County Commissioners Tom Stone and Arn Menconi will also participate in the events.
Citizens are welcome to join the festivities at any of the following locations:
– Eagle: 11:30 a.m. Meet at St. Mary’s Preschool, walk up Broadway to the Eagle County building where commissioner Stone will greet the children and read a proclamation.
– Gypsum: 11:30 a.m. Meet at Gypsum Town Park and walk to the town offices where Mayor Steve Carver and librarian Kendra Doepken will read the proclamation in support of the Young Child.
– Vail: 11:15-11:30 a.m. Meet at Red Sandstone Park. Commissioner Menconi, town councilman Kevin Foley and librarian Cricket Pylman will read proclamations.
– Minturn: 11:30 a.m. Children from Pooh Corner will parade through town escorted by the Minturn Police Department.
– Avon: 11:30 a.m. Prater Lane preschool will parade around the lake at Nottingham Park.
For more information about these events, contact Rosie Moreno, Early Childhood Services at (970) 569-3184, ext. 228.