Propane leak blamed for Colorado farmhouse explosion | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Propane leak blamed for Colorado farmhouse explosion

GALETON, Colorado – Two people are hospitalized after their Weld County farmhouse exploded and burned.

The explosion happened early Monday after a man said his stove exploded. The farmhouse is about four miles south of Galeton in northern Colorado.

A spokeswoman for the Weld County Sheriff’s Office said that the explosion injured 23-year-old Brandon Zeller and 25-year-old Brandi Patterson.



A neighbor told the Greeley Tribune that some puppies died in the blast.

The north wall of the two-bedroom farmhouse was blown 20 feet off its foundation by the explosion, which is being blamed on a propane leak. Zeller and Patterson were being treated at the burn center at North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley.



Information from: Greeley Daily Tribune, http://greeleytribune.com


Support Local Journalism