Reconstruction Recycled Art Show returns to Eagle County
VAIL CO, Colorado
The Eagle Valley Alliance for Sustainability, in conjunction with Habitat for Humanity and the Alpine Arts Center, announced the second annual Reconstruction Recycled Art Show and Competition this week.
Continuing in the spirit of sustainability, this year artists will use materials from Habitat for Humanity’s Home Outlet in Eagle to create a wall-hung or free-standing piece. The show will kick off at Party for the Planet 2011 on May 14 at the Brush Creek Pavilion in Eagle. Artwork will then be on display at the Alpine Arts Center in Edwards until June 7, with a reception to be held on May 20. The public may vote for their favorite pieces, and first, second and third place winners in both the adult and kids’ categories will be awarded at the reception. Unless otherwise specified, pieces will be available for purchase through a silent auction. The only guideline for subject matter is that an item purchased at the Habitat for Humanity Home Outlet must be included in the piece. Other materials provided by the artist may be used (canvasses, mixed media, etc).
Other guidelines are as follows:
• Registration is free and will be accepted until Friday. Registration may be made via the Eagle Valley Alliance for Sustainability website (www.eaglevalleyalliance.org), or by contacting Rebecca Hollister at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-471-4222. Limited space is available.
•-Artists may visit the Habitat for Humanity Home Outlet at any time to select materials for their pieces. The Home Outlet will be extending a 20 percent discount to artists participating in Reconstruction; identify yourself at time of checkout.
• Artwork should be within or near dimensions of 36-inches wide by 24-inches deep by 60-inches high. Please let us know whether you plan to create a wall-hung piece or a free-standing piece so that we may plan accordingly for display space.
• Artwork must be submitted on May 13 at the Brush Creek Pavilion in Eagle between 2 and 6 p.m. for display. If you are unable to deliver your piece during this time, notify us as soon as possible to make other arrangements.
• Label pieces clearly and provide the following information for your piece: Title, artist’s full name as you want it to appear on placard, whether you are in the adult or kids’ category, media used (and note item purchased at Home Outlet), dimensions, minimum price (optional), and artist’s statement (optional).
• Twenty percent of proceeds from the sale of artwork will go to the Eagle Valley Alliance for Sustainability, and 20 percent to the Alpine Arts Center. The remaining 60 percent will go to the artist.