Regional electric vehicle sales event starts Aug. 1, with savings on seven models
EAGLE COUNTY — The 2018 Electric Vehicle Sales Event, aimed at drivers in Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties, will offer discounts of $515 to $1,950 on the purchase or lease of seven models of plug-in electric vehicles from six auto dealerships for a 90-day period, Wednesday, Aug. 1, to Wednesday, Oct. 31.
Participating dealers are Audi Glenwood Springs, Mountain Chevrolet, Berthod Motors, Phil Long Honda and Bighorn Toyota, all in Glenwood Springs, and Red Rock Nissan in Grand Junction. The dealer discounts are for plug-in electric-gasoline hybrid models and for plug-in all-electric vehicles. The discounts can be combined with the state of Colorado’s $5,000 tax credit and a federal tax credit of up to $7,500.
The Electric Vehicle Sales Event is led by Garfield Clean Energy, Clean Energy Economy for the Region and Refuel Colorado and sponsored by the town of Vail, Eagle County, Walking Mountains Science Center, Holy Cross Energy, city of Glenwood Springs, city of Aspen, CORE and Colorado Mountain News Media.
Support Local Journalism
• Audi Glenwood Springs will offer the Audi A3 e-tron Sportback plug-in hybrid SUV crossover, with a $4,500 manufacturer discount and a 6 percent dealer discount. The A3 e-tron can travel 16 miles in electric mode, with 380 miles total range using electric and gasoline.
• Mountain Chevrolet is offering two models, each with a $1,000 discount. The Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid sedan can travel 53 miles in electric mod, and 420 miles total range using electric and gasoline. The Bolt all-electric is a compact hatchback with a range of 238 miles on a charge.
• Berthod Motors will offer the Chrysler Pacifica, a minivan with capacity for up to eight passengers, with a $1,000 discount. The Pacifica can travel 33 miles in electric mode, with 566 miles total range using electric and gasoline.
• Phil Long Honda will offer the Honda Clarity and Clarity Touring plug-in hybrid sedans, with discounts of $515 for the Clarity and $711 for the Touring. Both models can travel 47 miles in electric mode, with 340 miles total range using electric and gasoline.
• Red Rock Nissan, in Grand Junction, will offer the Nissan Leaf all-electric hatchback with three packages and discount amounts. The Leaf S is offered with a $1,737 discount, the Leaf SV with a $1,822 discount and the Leaf SL with a $1,951 discount. The Leaf can travel up to 151 miles on a battery charge.
• Bighorn Toyota is offering the Toyota Prius Prime plug-in hybrid hatchback with three packages, all with a discount of $1,000. All three models can travel 25 miles in electric mode, with 640 miles total range using electric and gasoline.
More information about the vehicles, dealerships, discounts and tax credits is available on the Garfield Clean Energy website, garfieldcleanenergy.org or call Clean Energy Economy for the Region at 970-704-9200.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Vail, Beaver Creek and Eagle Valley make the Vail Daily’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User