Skier death at Copper Mountain Ski Resort
March 15, 2019
The Summit County Sheriff's Office is reporting the death of a skier at Copper Mountain Ski Resort on Wednesday afternoon.
In a press release, the Sheriff's Office reported that at approximately 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, deputies responded to a report of a 63-year-old male skier found unconscious in the trees on the edge of a ski run at Copper Mountain. The victim was transported to St. Anthony Copper Medical Clinic, where he was later pronounced dead.
The identity of the skier is being withheld until notification to the next of kin has been made by the Summit County Coroner. The Summit County Coroner has taken over the investigation into the cause of death.
This story will be updated as more details become available.
Trending In: Regional
- Avalanche expert says Conundrum slide likely a 300-year event
- WATCH: Moose faces eviction after squatting in Breckenridge basement
- Officials suspend large-scale search efforts for man missing in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Skier who died at Copper Mountain last week identified as 62-year-old David Gissel
- President Trump defunds Land and Water Conservation Fund by 95 percent despite approving permanent reauthorization