Ritz-Carlton has small fire
BACHELOR GULCH – A fire erupted on the roof of the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, about 7 p.m. Sunday, said Chief Charlie Moore of the Eagle River Fire Protection District. The hotel was evacuated as a precaution, but no one was injured, Moore said. Firefighters had the fire under control at 9:25 p.m., he said. At 9:30 p.m., firefighters were working to determine the fire’s cause, he said. The flames burned some wood near a chimney, but otherwise the building did not sustain any structural damage, he said. Moore said he thought the fire began from a flue at the top of a woodburning fireplace on the roof. Staff Writer Steve Lynn can be reached at 748-2931 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The operating license for Kent Funeral Home in Gypsum has been summarily suspended by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies following an investigation that revealed disturbing conditions at an associated funeral home in Leadville.