Roof collapse causes gas leak in Vail
VAIL, Colorado ” About 25 people were evacuated from an East Vail condo complex Thursday night after a roof collapse caused a gas leak.
The collapse happened at the Windstream Condominiums on Columbine Drive in East Vail at about 9:21 p.m.
The falling roof hit gas meters, causing the leak, Vail officials said.
Vail firefighters were unable to shut off the gas, and Xcel Energy was coming from Silverthorne late Thursday to shut it off.
Residents were evacuated via Vail buses. No injuries were reported.
Staff Writer Edward Stoner can be reached at 748-2929 or email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Due to budget shortfalls, Vail Resorts has pulled this winter’s funding for its cloud seeding program — the longest-running in the state at 44 years — potentially reducing the amount of water flowing down the…