Rummage sale collection sites open across the Vail Valley, volunteers needed
EAGLE COUNTY — The new Rummage Sale of Eagle County is now collecting items in good condition for the event planned Sept. 14-16 at the Eagle River Center.
Collection events are planned every Sunday during August and on Sunday, Sept. 2 and 9. Item collections run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following churches:
• New Life Assembly of God, 480 Nottingham Road in Avon.
• St. Claire of Assisi Parish, 31622 U.S. Highway 6 in Edwards.
• Community United Methodist Church, 333 E. 2nd St. in Eagle.
• Eagle River Presbyterian Church, 455 Nottingham Ranch Road In Avon
• St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 215 Capitol St. in Eagle.
Please do not bring items to the collection sites at any other time than during the collection Sundays. The sale will have to pay to discard items left at the site outside of the collection events. Televisions, furniture, draperies, mattresses, lamps, large appliances or tires cannot be accepted.
Donors are urged to ask themselves three questions before they drop off items:
Is it clean?
Is it in good condition?
Does it work?
Volunteers are needed both at the collection sites and for many other sale-related jobs. Please go to the event the website and click on the volunteer tab to sign up.
For more information visit TheRummageSale.org.
Vail Mountain opens Nov. 15, about a week earlier than normal. But that earlier opening will be out of Vail Village, not Lionshead.