SaddleRidge Restaurant hosts five-course Ravenswood wine dinner
If you go …
What: Five-course Ravenswood wine dinner.
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 8.
Where: SaddleRidge Restaurant, 44 Meadow Lane, Avon.
More information: Call SaddleRidge Restaurant at 970-754-5456. Whether diners prefer to drive, walk or arrive via shuttle, SaddleRidge will recommend the best option to each individual upon confirming reservations.
Ravenswood wine dinner menu
• First course — Mushroom risotto with farro, arborio, oyster, shiitake, porcini, boursin, and Parmesan broth, paired with Ravenswood Mendocino Zinfandel (old vine).
• Second course — Colorado rainbow trout with fingerling potato confit, arugula, bacon, toasted blue corn and brown-butter vinaigrette, paired with Ravenswood Besieged Red Blend.
• Third course — Organic Iowa rabbit loin with air-dried ham, butternut squash, mole jus and pumpkin seeds, paired with Ravenswood Big River Zinfandel.
• Fourth course — Braised pork cheek with cauliflower puree, crispy hominy, bitter green salad, clementine and braising jus, paired with Ravenswood Teldeschi Zinfandel.
• Fifth course — Rocky Mountain elk rib chop with black peppercorn rub, roasted pear chutney and Ravenswood Zin demi-glace, paired with Ravenswood Old Hill Zinfandel.
• Dessert — Chef Adam Roth’s selection.
BEAVER CREEK — In celebration of winter’s beginning, Beaver Creek’s SaddleRidge Restaurant is inviting food and wine aficionados to the five-course Ravenswood wine dinner on Tuesday. California zinfandel pioneer and Ravenswood founding winemaker Joel Peterson will lead a conversation about the evening’s pairings, as well as sharing winemaking stories from a celebrated member of the Vintners Hall of Fame.
Peterson collaborated with SaddleRidge executive chef Adam Roth to create a menu of dishes paired with award-winning zinfandels and red blends. The evening begins with a cocktail reception at 6:30 p.m., with dinner seating at 7 p.m.
In addition to special wine dinners, SaddleRidge visitors can take advantage of ski-in lunch and mountainside dinner Tuesday through Saturday throughout winter. SaddleRidge is renowned for its gourmet cuisine set among one of the largest, private collections of American Western artifacts and art in the United States outside of a museum.
Lunch and dinner reservations throughout winter are required; call 970-754-5456 or visit saddleridgebeavercreek.com.
Support Local Journalism
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User