The memorial service for Larry Sanford is 1:30-5 p.m. today at the Brush Creek Pavilion in Eagle Ranch. Bring your happy memories. You should have plenty.
1. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. – Mark Twain
2. We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. – Winston Churchill
3. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. – George Bernard Shaw
4. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. – G. Gordon Liddy
5. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -James Bovard
6. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. – Douglas Casey
7. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O’Rourke
8. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. – Frederic Bastiat
9. Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. – Ronald Reagan
10. I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. – Will Rogers
11. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it’s free. – P.J. O’Rourke
12. If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. – Joseph Sobran
13. In general, the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. -Voltaire
14. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you. – Pericles
15. No man’s life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session. – Mark Twain
16. The government is like a baby’s alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. – Ronald Reagan
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Case numbers for COVID-19 are rising in Eagle County, and just about everywhere else. To save the new ski season, Vail officials are taking new measures to slow the spread, limiting virtually all gatherings to…