Schedule for Cruisin’ for Kids ski-a-thon in Vail
Vail, CO Colorado
VAIL – Alpine Children’s Charity will hold its sixth annual Cruisin’ for Kids ski-a-thon on Saturday on Vail Mountain. The Junior Board of Alpine Children’s Charity is looking for participants to join in “skiing for solutions” and “boarding for breakthrough” at the Vail Nastar Racecourse and in an all-mountain scavenger hunt.
Participants can be any age, and each is encouraged to raise $100 or more. Participants will receive a T-shirt, goody bag and lunch and will be invited to an after-party celebration.
This year, donations may be designated to the Thomas Walsh Medical Trust. Thomas was diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma, metastasis to the lungs, and has been in continued treatment and surgeries since May 2009 in his battle with this rare cancer.
Thomas is a freshman at Vail Mountain School and is a student, skier, triathlete, musician and actor.
Here is the schedule for Saturday:
• 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Registration, donuts and coffee at the Red Lion, located at 304 Bridge Street (Late registration will also be available at the top of the Black Forest Race Arena.)
• 8:30 a.m.: Mountain opens
• 9:15 a.m. -noon: Scavenger hunt
• 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.: Lunch and mandatory picture at the Black Forest Race Arena
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Afternoon races at the Black Forest Race Arena
• 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Free ski
• 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.: After party at the Sonnenalp
For more information, call Chris Wright at 970-390-2725 or Cindy at 847-828-0818.