Second phase of hospital expansion begins; first hearing is June 12
Vail Valley Medical Center second phase plan has town hearing Monday
VAIL — The Vail Planning and Environmental Commission will hold its first hearing June 12 on plans for the second phase of Vail Valley Medical Center’s expansion. The meeting begins at 1 p.m. at the Vail Town Council meeting room at Town Hall, 75 South Frontage Road.
With the western portion of the work nearing completion, plans have been submitted for the east-wing expansion. That plan includes:
• A new emergency department.
• A relocated helipad with direct access to the hospital.
• A new main entrance, off South Frontage Road.
• Increased parking capacity.
• A new, concealed, loading zone.
• A new pharmacy, gift shop and coffee shop.
• New imaging and radiology departments.
• Medical space for physician groups.
For more information, go to http://www.vvmc.com/build.
Demonstrators attached protest signs to ski poles and hockey sticks in Vail on Saturday at the 2020 Women’s March.