Seminars announced for 2016 Taste of Vail food and wine festival
VAIL — Aside from hosting dozens of winemakers and vineyard owners from all around the world, Taste of Vail also creates a lineup of seminars that provide a more intimate learning experience for participants. This year’s featured seminars include pairing demonstrations using cigars, cocktails, food and wine, along with further education on lesser-known varietals showcased at Taste of Vail, March 30-April 3.
Longtime favorites such as Speed Dating with Pinot Noir and Cigar Tasting return this year with new seminars such as Wake Up and Smell the Rose and What Puts the Pop Inside of Sparkling Wine debuting this year. Attendees also will have a chance to connect with a number of master sommeliers during Meet the Masters.
Taste of Vail seminars
• 5:30-7 p.m. Thursday, March 31 — Cigar Tasting, Four Seasons Resort Vail: Participants have an opportunity to sample handcrafted cigars with a variety of tobacco blends, $60.
• 9-10:30 a.m. Friday, April 1 — What Puts the Pop Inside of Sparkling Wine, Four Seasons Resort Vail: Sparkling wine is not just for special occasions. The range of flavors found in the array of wines is ideal anytime. This Sparkling Wine 101 session educates participants on the origin of the name Champagne, what’s with the bubbles and more, all for $55.
• 9-10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 2 — Wake Up and Smell the Rose, location to be determined: Join representatives from Chateau D’ Esclans to tour the nuances of rose wine. The differences range from subtle to extreme. Learn which grape varieties make up this type of wine, and see wine paired with breakfast selections, all for $60.
• 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 2 — Real Olive Oil with Steve Lewis, location to be determined: Steve Lewis, from Giuliana Imports, returns once again for this popular seminar that explores the origins of olive oil, what defines pure olive oil and the health benefits of the internationally popular product. Taste spicy, peppery and rich olive oils, all for $55.
• 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 2 — Speed Dating with Pinot Noir, location to be determined: Winemakers will move from table to table, introducing their wine to participants in seven minutes or less. Find out about the challenging journey of the pinot noir grape, as it is widely considered to produce some of the finest wines in the world, from cultivation to wine, all for $60.
• 3-4:30 p.m. Saturday, April 2 — Pair with Masters, location to be determined: Meet Master Sommeliers, who will pair food with wine, including Larry Stone, founder of Lingua Franca Wines and dean of wine studies of the International Culinary Center; Damon Ornowski, from SWS of Colorado; and Vail’s own Sean Razee, all for $55.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, April 3 — The Remedy Brunch, The Remedy Bar at Four Seasons Resort Vail: Experience the last morning of Taste of Vail with brunch at The Remedy for $52 per person (includes choice of one Bloody Mary or mimosa).
About the festival
Rated among the top food and wine festivals by Forbes, Travel Channel and USA Today, Taste of Vail will be held at several venues throughout Vail from March 30 to April 3. In addition to the seminars offered during this year’s Taste of Vail, the event will include Debut of 2015 Rose, the American Lamb Cook-off and Apres Ski Tasting, the Mountain Top Tasting and the Grand Tasting.
A variety of ticket options are available for this year’s event, including a Signature Event Pass and special seminar packs. The Signature Event Pass provides access to the Debut of 2015 Rose, the American Lamb Cook-off and Apres Ski Tasting, Mountain Top Tasting and Grand Tasting for $405.
Four- and six-pack seminar passes also are available for attendees to experience a wide range of entertaining and educational sessions. The four-pack is $150 and the six-pack is currently $185. These seminar packs are non-transferrable, and visitors will need to sign up for individual sessions.
Individual event tickets also are on sale now, with the Debut of 2015 Rose available for $50, American Lamb Cook-off for $85, Mountain Top Tasting for $140 and the Grand Tasting for $185.
Additional information on seminars showcased at this year’s Taste of Vail will be released in the coming weeks. More information and tickets, please visit http://www.taste ofvail.com.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
VAIL — The lift operator in the maze at Vail Village’s Gondola One tilts his head back and hollers: “Masks up please!”