Senior calendar: A look at Eagle County’s options for older residents
Upcoming Events for Seniors
• Tuesday, March 13: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory loss Support Group, 4:30 to 6 p.m. at Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday, March 14: Greeting Card Making Workshop at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 2 to 4 p.m. Make and take 3 cards and supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Friday, March 16: 20-minute chair massages from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, $5. Call 970-328-2812 to schedule an appointment time.
• Friday, March 16: St. Patrick’s Day potluck and bingo at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 4 to 6 p.m. Please bring a main dish, side dish or dessert to share. For more information, call 970-328-8896.
• Saturday: Greeting card making workshop at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 2 to 4 p.m. Make and take three cards — supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, go to: http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/.
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (VSSA building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-2812.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Avon police detained the suspect to have a conversation with him, in which the suspect referenced his military family, blue lives matter, his time in the ROTC, immigration laws, his truck, CNN, the second amendment and the constitution of the United States.