Senior calendar for the Vail Valley
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Tuesday, Aug. 21: Blood pressure and blood glucose testing at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No sign up necessary.
• Tuesday, Aug. 21: Haircuts at the Golden Eagle Senior Center for those 60 or older. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up for an appointment. Cost is $10 per haircut.
• Wednesday, Aug. 22: Blood pressure and sugar check, 11:00 at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Friday, Aug. 24: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Coffee, tea, goodies and good conversation provided. This is not a book group, rather a group that comes together to talk about titles, authors, genres, etc.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Monday, Aug. 27: Shopping trip from Eagle to Glenwood Springs. Bus will leave the Golden Eagle Senior Center at 10 a.m. and return early afternoon. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
• Mondays: Avon Recreation Center 10 a.m. to noon. Senior programming: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, weight machines, aerobic equipment, walk around Nottingham Lake, also technical assistance available at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, cost $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 10:30 to 11 a.m. $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
• Save the Date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event. Dr. Jeff Wallace, Geriatrician from CU Medical School will present on the Physiology of Aging. Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m. at CMC Edwards. Call 970-328-8896 or email healthyaging @eaglecounty.us to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, go to: http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-2812.