Senior calendar for the Vail Valley
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Tuesday, Aug. 21: Blood pressure and blood glucose testing at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No sign up necessary.
• Tuesday, Aug. 21: Haircuts at the Golden Eagle Senior Center for those 60 or older. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up for an appointment. Cost is $10 per haircut.
• Wednesday, Aug. 22: Blood pressure and sugar check, 11:00 at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Friday, Aug. 24: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Coffee, tea, goodies and good conversation provided. This is not a book group, rather a group that comes together to talk about titles, authors, genres, etc.
• Monday, Aug. 27: Shopping trip from Eagle to Glenwood Springs. Bus will leave the Golden Eagle Senior Center at 10 a.m. and return early afternoon. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
• Mondays: Avon Recreation Center 10 a.m. to noon. Senior programming: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, weight machines, aerobic equipment, walk around Nottingham Lake, also technical assistance available at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, cost $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 10:30 to 11 a.m. $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
• Save the Date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event. Dr. Jeff Wallace, Geriatrician from CU Medical School will present on the Physiology of Aging. Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m. at CMC Edwards. Call 970-328-8896 or email healthyaging @eaglecounty.us to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, go to: http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-2812.