Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Aug. 14-20
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Tuesday, Aug. 14: Rhythm of Life percussion experience, otherwise known as “bucket drumming,” 11:30 a.m., Avon Recreation Center. Excellent mental and physical interaction to music; lots of fun and free.
• Tuesday, Aug. 14: Eagle County Caregiver Support group meeting at Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday, Aug. 15: Certified Medicare counseling, including Medicare basics, enrollment assistance, billing and appeals, Medicare fraud awareness; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday, Aug. 15: Elvis tribute artist Ryan Collingwood will appear at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center at 11 a.m. All are invited and encouraged to attend. To sign up for lunch afterwards, call 970-328-8831.
• Thursday, Aug. 16: “Breakfast by the River,” a social potluck breakfast at Minturn Little Beach Park, 9 a.m. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Friday, Aug. 17: Bingo in both Spanish and English, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 25 cents per card.
• Friday, Aug. 17: Movie and lunch at the Gypsum Public Library. Come join local seniors for a light lunch and showing of the movie “The Greatest Showman.” Must RSVP to 970-328-8896 by Wednesday, Aug. 15.
• Mondays: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake and technical assistance available from Carrie Mae Wack at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign-up necessary.
• Save the date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event, Dr. Jeff Wallace, geriatrician from University of Colorado Medical School, will present on the physiology of aging, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Edwards. Call 328-8896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Avon police detained the suspect to have a conversation with him, in which the suspect referenced his military family, blue lives matter, his time in the ROTC, immigration laws, his truck, CNN, the second amendment and the constitution of the United States.