Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Aug. 28-Sept. 3
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Monday, Sept. 3: County offices will be closed for Labor Day.
• Mondays: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake and technical assistance available at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesdays and Fridays: Non-medical foot care, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-2812 to schedule an appointment.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
• Save the date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event, Dr. Jeff Wallace, geriatrician from University of Colorado Medical School, will present on the physiology of aging, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Edwards. Call 970-328-8896 or email healthy firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896; social lunches served every Tuesday and Thursday at noon.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831; social lunches served every Wednesday and Friday at noon.
A proposed development in Edwards calls for 260 to 270 single- and double-occupancy units.