Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Aug. 28-Sept. 3
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Monday, Sept. 3: County offices will be closed for Labor Day.
• Mondays: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake and technical assistance available at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesdays and Fridays: Non-medical foot care, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-2812 to schedule an appointment.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Save the date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event, Dr. Jeff Wallace, geriatrician from University of Colorado Medical School, will present on the physiology of aging, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Edwards. Call 970-328-8896 or email healthy email@example.com to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896; social lunches served every Tuesday and Thursday at noon.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831; social lunches served every Wednesday and Friday at noon.