Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Aug. 28-Sept. 3
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Monday, Sept. 3: County offices will be closed for Labor Day.
• Mondays: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake and technical assistance available at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesdays and Fridays: Non-medical foot care, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-2812 to schedule an appointment.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
• Save the date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event, Dr. Jeff Wallace, geriatrician from University of Colorado Medical School, will present on the physiology of aging, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Edwards. Call 970-328-8896 or email healthy firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896; social lunches served every Tuesday and Thursday at noon.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831; social lunches served every Wednesday and Friday at noon.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Avon police detained the suspect to have a conversation with him, in which the suspect referenced his military family, blue lives matter, his time in the ROTC, immigration laws, his truck, CNN, the second amendment and the constitution of the United States.