Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Aug. 7-13
• Friday, Aug. 10: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No signup necessary.
• Monday, Aug. 13: Shopping trip to Walmart in Avon. Bus will leave the Golden Eagle Senior Center in Eagle at 10 a.m. and will return a bit after noon.
• Tuesday, Aug. 14: Rhythm of Life percussion experience, otherwise known as “bucket drumming,” 11:30 a.m. Avon Recreation Center. Excellent mental and physical interaction to music; lots of fun and free.
• Tuesday Aug. 14: Eagle County Caregiver Support group meeting at Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Mondays: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake and assistance available from Carrie Mae Wack at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 to learn more.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No signup necessary.
• Save the date: Next free Aging Well Speaker Series event, Dr. Jeff Wallace, geriatrician from University of Colorado Medical School, will present on the physiology of aging, Wednesday, Sept. 12, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Colorado Mountain College in Edwards. Call 328-8896 or email email@example.com to register.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896; Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User