Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Dec. 26 to Jan. 1
Upcoming events for seniors
Tuesday, Dec. 26: CANCELED: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory loss Support Group, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday, Dec 27: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards; supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Wednesday, Dec. 27: Bingo game, 12:30 p.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; 25 cents per card.
• Monday, Jan. 1: Eagle County offices will be closed for the New Year’s holiday.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Heroes look like these guys: Bill “Sarge” Brown, Bob Parker, Pete Seibert, Sandy Treat, Dick Over, Hugh Evans and so many others from the 10th Mountain Division who helped win World War II and, while building the peace, also built the ski industry in the United States.