Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Feb. 27-March 5
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Wednesday, Feb. 28: Eagle County Paramedics provide blood pressure, oxygen and glucose checks, 11:15 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Wednesday, Feb. 28: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards; supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Friday, March 2: Bookmobile from Avon Public Library featuring large-print books and audio books, DVDs and magazines, 10:45 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call Carrie Mae, with the Avon library, to request specific titles or authors at 970-949-6797.
• Saturday, March 3: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards; supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Monday, March 5: Shopping/errands trip to Glenwood Springs. Bus leaving from Minturn at 9:30 a.m. and will return mid-afternoon. Call 970-328-8831 to sign up or inquire.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Heroes look like these guys: Bill “Sarge” Brown, Bob Parker, Pete Seibert, Sandy Treat, Dick Over, Hugh Evans and so many others from the 10th Mountain Division who helped win World War II and, while building the peace, also built the ski industry in the United States.