Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Feb. 27-March 5
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Wednesday, Feb. 28: Eagle County Paramedics provide blood pressure, oxygen and glucose checks, 11:15 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Wednesday, Feb. 28: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards; supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Friday, March 2: Bookmobile from Avon Public Library featuring large-print books and audio books, DVDs and magazines, 10:45 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call Carrie Mae, with the Avon library, to request specific titles or authors at 970-949-6797.
• Saturday, March 3: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards; supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Monday, March 5: Shopping/errands trip to Glenwood Springs. Bus leaving from Minturn at 9:30 a.m. and will return mid-afternoon. Call 970-328-8831 to sign up or inquire.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Vail Vida Latina es una colaboración que empezó entre el Vail Daily y los alumnos y maestros de Edwards Elementary School y Battle Mountain High School, con la misión de unir a las comunidades del valle. Todos los viernes, no se pierda el Vail Daily en la página C1 para ver noticias de la comunidad, artículos y eventos en español.