Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, July 24-30
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Thursday, July 26: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary. Runs every Thursday.
• Friday, July 27: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Good conversation on books, authors, genres; coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Friday, July 27: “Sit and Be Fit” streaming, 10 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Friday, July 27: Guest presentation from the Hearing Aid Office, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Mondays in July: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
The acquisition extends a strategy of buying ski areas near big cities, with the hopes that local skiers will buy Epic Passes and visit the company’s owned and partner resorts across the country and world.