Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, July 24-30
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Thursday, July 26: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary. Runs every Thursday.
• Friday, July 27: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Good conversation on books, authors, genres; coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Friday, July 27: “Sit and Be Fit” streaming, 10 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Friday, July 27: Guest presentation from the Hearing Aid Office, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Mondays in July: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Vail Mountain opens Nov. 15, about a week earlier than normal. But that earlier opening will be out of Vail Village, not Lionshead.