Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, July 31-Aug. 6
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Wednesday, Aug. 1: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No experience necessary, all are welcome to play and learn.
• Thursday, Aug. 2: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
• Friday, Aug. 3: Bookmobile from Avon Public Library, 10:45 a.m. at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Friday, Aug. 3: Swing for our Seniors golf tournament to support local family caregivers and their loved ones, 11:30 a.m., Gypsum Creek Golf Course. All are welcome to play this scramble golf game. Call 970-977-0188 or email email@example.com to reserve your place.
• Mondays in August: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Ski reservations fill for Thanksgiving week at Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Crested Butte
Vail Resorts ski reservations system is now fully underway with three Colorado resorts using the function and two more set to open in the coming days.