Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, July 31-Aug. 6
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Wednesday, Aug. 1: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No experience necessary, all are welcome to play and learn.
• Thursday, Aug. 2: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
• Friday, Aug. 3: Bookmobile from Avon Public Library, 10:45 a.m. at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
• Friday, Aug. 3: Swing for our Seniors golf tournament to support local family caregivers and their loved ones, 11:30 a.m., Gypsum Creek Golf Course. All are welcome to play this scramble golf game. Call 970-977-0188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
• Mondays in August: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Gypsum residents have been running sump pumps to address high groundwater issues.