Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, May 15-21
May 14, 2018
• Tuesday, May 15: Orientation to Avon Recreation Center senior classes and workout, 9:30 a.m.; all are then encouraged to attend shallow water aqua tone, 10 to 11 a.m., cost is $2.
• Wednesday, May 16: Minturn Senior Site Council meeting, 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. All are welcome.
• Wednesday, May 16: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No experience necessary, all are welcome.
• Thursday, May 17: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign-up necessary; runs every Thursday.
• Friday, May 18: 20-minute chair massage by Carla Guarascio; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; appointments are limited, so call 970-328-2812 to schedule. Cost is $5.
• Friday, May 18: Bingo game, 4 to 6 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Snacks and drinks provided; 25 cents per game. This will be our last bingo gathering until fall, so don't miss it.
Recommended Stories For You
• Monday, May 21: Shopping/errands trip from Minturn to Glenwood Springs; call 970-688-0397 to sign up.
• Wednesday, May 30: Second installment of the 2018 Aging Well Speaker Series. Join nationally-known expert Jane Barton as she discusses the concepts of resiliency and coping with change as we age, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Colorado Mountain College, Edwards. RSVP by calling 970-328-886 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.