Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, May 30-June 5
upcoming events for seniors
• Wednesday: Blood pressure and blood sugar checks by Eagle County Paramedics, 11 a.m. at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn.
• Friday: Carrie Mae from the Avon Public Library will visit with an assortment of large-print books, audiobooks, DVDs and magazines. Take advantage of having your own personal librarian, 10:45 a.m. at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn.
• Monday, June 12: Annual senior community luncheon at 4 Eagle Ranch in Wolcott. Participate in a barbecue lunch, wagon rides, line dancing and more. Cost is $5 per person, and you must call 970-328-8896 to sign up; transportation available from Eagle and Minturn.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center each Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m. Cost is $2 per class. Reduce arthritic pain while improving range of motion and strength.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Wednesdays: All seniors are welcome to share in the donated food items at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center from our local grocery stores. We greatly appreciate the volunteers who make the effort for pick-ups and deliveries.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., $5 drop-in rate, no sign up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
• Wanted: Are you an independent handyman or handywoman who would be interested in doing work for older adults? This is a growing demand and could be greatly beneficial to all involved. Call 970-328-8896.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.