Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Nov. 14-20
• Tuesday, Nov. 14: Ask a Lawyer, 12:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Those 60 or older can receive up to 30 minutes of free legal advice, first come, first served. Call 970-328-8896 for more information.
• Tuesday, Nov. 14: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory Loss Support Group, 4:30 to 6 p.m., Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Learn about behaviors, communication and stages of Alzheimer’s. Gather additional resources for help in planning and paying for care. Call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Bingo game, 12:45 p.m. (after senior lunch), Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center.
Support Local Journalism
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No sign up necessary. New to poker? We’d love to teach you.
• Wednesday, Nov. 15: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards; supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Thursday, Nov. 16: Thanksgiving lunch with all the trimmings, noon, Golden Eagle Senior Center. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up by noon Wednesday, Nov. 15.
• Friday, Nov. 17: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Book enthusiasts discuss authors, genres and all things books. Coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Friday, Nov. 17: Bingo, 4 to 6 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; 25 cents per game and pays out after every game. Snacks and drinks provided.
• Saturday, Nov. 18: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies. Sign up in the activity book, or call 970-328-8896.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Vail, Beaver Creek and Eagle Valley make the Vail Daily’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User