Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Nov. 21-27
• Tuesday, Nov. 21: Blood pressure and blood glucose testing, 11:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No sign up necessary; first come, first served
• Wednesday, Nov. 22: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards, supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Wednesday, Nov. 22: Blood pressure and glucose testing, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. No sign up necessary.
• Wednesday, Nov. 22: Event to recognize Flo Habenicht and Maria Erb, 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Flo served as president and Maria as vice-president of the Minturn Senior Site Council for many years. We greatly appreciate the humor, leadership and wisdom that they shared and continue to share with us.
• Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24: County offices are closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!
• Saturday, Nov. 25: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Sign up in the activity book, or call 970-328-8896. Supplies provided; $5 suggested donation to help replenish supplies.
• Monday, Nov. 27: Shopping trip from the Golden Eagle Senior Center to Walmart in Avon. Bus will leave Eagle at 10 a.m. and return shortly after noon. Sign up in the activity book at the center, or call 970-328-8896.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831