Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Nov. 21-27
• Tuesday, Nov. 21: Blood pressure and blood glucose testing, 11:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No sign up necessary; first come, first served
• Wednesday, Nov. 22: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Make and take three cards, supplies are provided. Suggested $5 donation to help replenish supplies.
• Wednesday, Nov. 22: Blood pressure and glucose testing, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. No sign up necessary.
Support Local Journalism
• Wednesday, Nov. 22: Event to recognize Flo Habenicht and Maria Erb, 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Flo served as president and Maria as vice-president of the Minturn Senior Site Council for many years. We greatly appreciate the humor, leadership and wisdom that they shared and continue to share with us.
• Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24: County offices are closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!
• Saturday, Nov. 25: Greeting Card Making Workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Sign up in the activity book, or call 970-328-8896. Supplies provided; $5 suggested donation to help replenish supplies.
• Monday, Nov. 27: Shopping trip from the Golden Eagle Senior Center to Walmart in Avon. Bus will leave Eagle at 10 a.m. and return shortly after noon. Sign up in the activity book at the center, or call 970-328-8896.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Vail, Beaver Creek and Eagle Valley make the Vail Daily’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User