Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Nov. 7-13
• Wednesday, Nov. 8: Vail Mountain School third-grade choir will perform for the Minturn seniors, 11:30 a.m., Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy. If you would like to join us for lunch, then make a reservation 24 hours ahead by calling 970-328-2812.
• Thursday, Nov. 9: The Minturn Seniors will have breakfast at the Columbine Bakery in Avon. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Friday, Nov. 10: County offices will be closed in observance of Veteran’s Day. No senior lunch at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn.
• Monday, Nov. 13: Medicare Counseling, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Minturn Town Hall. Call 970-328-2812 to schedule an appointment. Call TJ Dufresne, Medicare assistance coordinator, at 970-468-0295, ext. 120, to make possible arrangements on another day.
• Saturdays: Greeting card-making workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Sign up in the activity book, or call 970-328-8896. Supplies provided, $5 suggested donation to help replenish supplies.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
In Eagle County, the most commonly reported dead bird has been the Wilson’s warbler, which is yellow. Dead yellow-rumped warblers have also been a common sight.