Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Oct. 31-Nov. 6
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Non-medical foot care day, 9:30 a.m. to noon, Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; call 970-328-8831 to schedule an appointment time.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No experience necessary, we’d love to teach new players. No sign up necessary.
• Wednesday, Nov. 1: Costume lunch. Come dressed as a tree or any part of the forest. Thank you to Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy seniors for helping us create costumes.
Support Local Journalism
• Friday, Nov. 3: Carrie Mae from Avon Public Library will bring a variety of large-print books, magazines and DVDs to the Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 10:45 a.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 4: Craft and Homemade Goods Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Get a head start on your holiday gifts by browsing through a large assortment of handmade goods made by local seniors. To learn more, call 970-328-8896.
• Monday, Nov. 6: Celebrating Caregivers: National Family Caregivers Month Special Event, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon; stress-reduction activities, fun with chocolate and gentle massage with gifts and treats for all caregivers who attend. Care available for loved ones during the program at Senior Spot, Adult Day Program. RSVP to Brenda at 970-977-0188 by Nov 2. Sponsored by Eagle Valley Senior Life: Partners in Elder Caregiving.
• Friday, Nov. 10: No senior lunch at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn. County programs will be canceled to observe the Veteran’s Day holiday.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Vail, Beaver Creek and Eagle Valley make the Vail Daily’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User