Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Sept. 12-18
• Today: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory Loss Support Group, 4:30 to 6 p.m., Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Call Pat Nolan at 970 328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesday: Greeting card-making workshop, 2 to 4 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
• Friday: Bingo, 4 to 6 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Snacks and drinks provided, 25 cents per game, pays out after every game, with great prizes.
• Friday: 20-minute chair massages, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, $5. Call 970-328-2812 to schedule an appointment.
• Save the date: Senior Law Day, 9:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 27, Summit County Community and Senior Center. This is a free event featuring lunch and legal workshops, information and resources about wills and powers of attorneys, Medicaid, estate planning, advanced directives and aging in place. Also available 15-minute “ask a lawyer” sessions.
• Save the date: “The Alzheimer’s Epidemic: Research, Progress and Hope,” 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 2, Vilar Performing Arts Center, featuring Dr. Maria Carrillo, chief science officer for Alzheimer’s Association. Free, but must reserve a ticket by calling 970-845-8497 or by visiting vilarpac.org. For more information, call Eagle Valley Senior Life at 970-977-0188.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Eagle County Schools has released a draft document detailing how the school district intends to return in-person and hybrid instruction starting Aug. 18.