Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Sept. 18-24
Upcoming events for senior citizens
• Wednesday, Sept. 19: Full-body exercise class at the Golden Eagle Senior Center will be canceled today.
• Wednesday, Sept. 19: Streaming of “Sit and Be Fit,” 10:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Friday, Sept. 21: Bingo, 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; in both English and Spanish, 25 cents per card. Winner takes all.
• Mondays: Senior programming at Avon Recreation Center: exercise class, access to pool and Jacuzzi, pingpong, weight machines, aerobic equipment and walk around Nottingham Lake and technical assistance available at the Avon Public Library, followed by a light lunch, 10 a.m. to noon; cost is $3. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Thursdays: Group guided meditation, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; $5 per session. No sign up necessary.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896; social lunches served every Tuesday and Thursday at noon. Must call 24 hours in advance for lunch reservations.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831; social lunches served every Wednesday and Friday at noon. Must call 24 hours in advance for lunch reservations.
The Austin family has always believed in supporting their community through food education, which is why it was an easy decision for them to begin partnering with The Community Market, a local hunger relief project, to improve access to local produce for low-income individuals in Eagle County.