Senior calendar: Upcoming events for senior citizens, Sept. 5-11
• Today: Seated exercise class at the Golden Eagle is canceled.
• Wednesday: Full-body exercise class at the Golden Eagle is canceled.
• Wednesday: Poker game at the Golden Eagle, 1 p.m. No sign up necessary; all are welcome. New to poker? We’d love to teach you.
• Friday: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch at the Golden Eagle, 10:30 a.m. Join this thoughtful group of people engaged in great conversation around authors, titles and genres. Coffee, tea and goodies provided. No sign-up necessary.
• Monday: Trip from Minturn to Eagle County Historical Museum and lunch. Call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Save the Date: Monday, Oct. 2: “The Alzheimer’s Epidemic: Research, Progress and Hope,” 6:30 p.m. at the Vilar Performing Arts Center, featuring Dr. Maria Carrillo, chief science officer for Alzheimer’s Association. Free, but must reserve a ticket by calling 970-845-8497 or by visiting vilarpac.org. For more information, call Eagle Valley Senior Life at 970-977-0188.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center: 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831