Senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, Aug. 1-7
upcoming senior events:
Today: Seated exercise class at the Golden Eagle will be canceled today.
• Wednesday: Exercise class at the Golden Eagle will be canceled today.
• Wednesday: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. No prior experience necessary, we are happy to teach you.
• Wednesday: Non-medical foot care, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn. Must call 970-328-2812 to make an appointment.
• Friday: Lunch and Learn: Medicinal Food series “How to Boost your Immune System,” 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-2812 to make a lunch reservation.
• Monday: Shopping trip to Wal-Mart in Avon, bus will leave the Golden Eagle at 10 a.m.
• Volunteers needed: In search of volunteers to lead some intergenerational activities with the Minturn seniors (call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831) or become an Activity Buddy for the Eagle Valley Senior Life program (call Wendy Miller at 970-977-0188).
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center: 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Paul Cuthbertson set out by himself around 3 p.m. Friday from the trailhead that leads up to the Polar Star Inn, according to his father, Mike, but never made it to the popular backcountry hut as a late-spring snowstorm moved in.