Senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, Aug. 15-21
upcoming events for seniors
Blood pressure and blood glucose testing, 11:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center; no sign-up necessary.
• Wednesday and Friday: No haircuts at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center this week.
• Wednesday: Caring for the Caregiver: Tips, Tricks and Tools, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Vail Public Library. Worried about leaving a loved one at home? Care available during the program. For more information, call 970-977-0188.
• Wednesday: Poker game, 1 p.m., Golden Eagle. All are welcome and beginners are encouraged — we love to teach.
Support Local Journalism
• Thursday: “Breakfast By the River,” 9 a.m., Little Beach in Minturn. All are welcome to this potluck breakfast to enjoy socialization in a beautiful outdoor setting.
• Friday: 20-minute chair massages, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, $5 cost to participant. Call 970-328-2812 to make a reservation.
• Monday: Shopping trip from Eagle to Wal-Mart in Avon. Bus will leave the Golden Eagle at 10 a.m. and return sometime after noon. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
• Tuesday Aug. 22: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory Loss Support Group, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Learn about behaviors, communication and stages of Alzheimer’s. Gather additional resources for help in planning and paying for care. Call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.