Senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, Aug. 22-28
August 21, 2017
• Today: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory Loss Support Group, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Learn about behaviors, communication and stages of Alzheimer's. Gather additional resources for help in planning and paying for care. Call Pat Nolan at 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Today: Massage at the Golden Eagle Senior Center for those 60 or better, appointments are available from 1 to 4 p.m., $10 for 20 minutes. Call 970-328-8896.
• Wednesday: Blood pressure and glucose testing at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 11:30 a.m.; no sign up necessary.
• Friday: Book Lover's Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Group discusses authors, genres, recommendations and more. This is not a book club, just a group that loves to talk about all things literary. Coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Friday: Non-medical foot care, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Call 970-328-2812 for more information.
• Monday, Aug. 28: Lunch and Learn at Avon Public Library, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. presentation: "Exploring the Minds of Animals." Call 970-328-8831 to RSVP.
Recommended Stories For You
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831