Senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, Aug. 29 to Sept. 4
• Friday: Beginning Sept. 1, Maloit Park Senior Center will serve lunch at noon instead of 11:30 a.m. to allow more time for exercise and other programming before lunch.
• Friday: Avon Public Library will visit the Maloit Park Senior Center at 10:45 a.m. with a selection of large-print books, magazines and DVDs. For more information, call 970-328-8831.
• Monday, Sept. 4: Labor Day holiday, county offices will be closed.
• Monday, Oct. 2: Save the date: “The Alzheimer’s Epidemic: Research, Progress and Hope,” 6:30 p.m. at the Vilar Performing Arts Center, featuring Dr. Maria Carrillo, chief scientific officer for the Alzheimer’s Association. Event is free, but you must reserve a ticket by calling 970-845-8497 or by visiting vilarpac.org. For more information, call Eagle Valley Senior Life at 970-977-0188.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
More base areas open means more space for guests to disperse upon, even if those base area openings don’t translate into more actual terrain openings.