Senior calendar: Upcoming events for seniors, June 27-July 3
upcoming events for seniors
• Tuesday: Eagle County Caregiver/Memory Loss Support Group will be meeting at 9 a.m. today at the Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon. Call Pat Nolan, Eagle County healthy aging program coordinator, at 970-904-8667 for more information.
• Tuesday: “Ask A Lawyer” today at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn from 11 a.m. to noon. Must call 970-328-2812 for an appointment.
• Tuesday: Dr. Brian Maurer will not be coming to the Golden Eagle today for medical foot care. This has been rescheduled for July 18. Call 970-328-8896 for more information or to sign up.
• Wednesday: Eagle County Paramedics will be checking blood pressures and glucose levels at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center in Minturn; call 970-328-2812.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Thursday: Caregiver Education Series: Legal and Tax Considerations for Caregivers, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Gypsum Library, free. Ann Hutchison, attorney, and Robert Mann, certified public accountant, will present. Call Wendy Miller with Eagle Valley Senior Life at 970-977-0188 for more information.
• Wednesday, July 5: Poker game at the Golden Eagle, 1 p.m. All levels welcome and encouraged to join. Never played? We will teach you.
• Friday July 7: Medicinal Foods series: Diabetes presentation 11 a.m., Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center; call 970-328-8831 for more information.
• Friday, July 7: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m. Captivating conversation on book genres and authors; coffee, tea and goodies provided. No sign up necessary.
• Friday, July 7: Haircuts at the Golden Eagle, 1 p.m. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Monday, July 10: Shopping trip to Wal-Mart in Avon. Bus will leave the Golden Eagle at 10 a.m. and return a bit after noon. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
• Tuesdays: Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center each Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m. Cost is $2 per class. Reduce arthritic pain while improving range of motion and strength.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, 9:45 to 10:30 a.m., $5 drop-in rate, no sign up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, visit http://www.eaglecounty.us/publichealth/healthy_aging/overview.
• Golden Eagle Senior Center, 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
• Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building), 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.